Hybrid App Development
Hybrid App Development
Native applications and web applications:
Native applications are apps that are developed with specific programming languages for specific devices. These applications are installed from the App Store. Web applications are nothing more than websites. They are usually written in HTML.
Hybrid App Development:
As the name suggests, Hybrid App Development is a combination of native apps and web apps. In other words, it's a technique used to develop an app that supports iOS, Android, Windows, etc. can run on multiple operating systems. In this hybrid app development, the developer creates a single code bar that supports all platforms. This means they only have to write the code once, which can be run on all devices. Nowadays, hybrid app development is a popular way. Their single frame development makes it possible to run applications on a variety of platforms. This app can be developed in less time and at lower cost.
Languages for Hybrid Application Development:
Hybrid applications are mostly written in React Native and the Flutter. Xamarin is also one of the platforms which are used for developing the hybrid applications.
- Xamarin: another platform for hybrid application development is ‘Xamarin’. It is famous for its principle ‘Write Once, Run Anytime’. Xamarin is effective in creating, and testing the performance of the mobile apps.
Example of the Hybrid Applications:
Hybrid applications are built so that they can be used on the various platforms. Following are the popular examples of hybrid application.
- Instagram: Instagram is the most popular social media application for sharing images and videos. Because of hybrid support number of data is accessed by the user in offline mode.
- Uber: Uber is another popular example of hybrid application. It has easy navigation and simple user interface so that it is very popular.
- Twitter: Twitter is also the great example of hybrid apps. For handling the large traffic it uses hybrid approach.
And there are many more applications are using the hybrid platforms like Gmail, Evernote, and Sworkit etc.
Why choose hybrid development for business?
- Simplicity: Hybrid apps development is a combination of native and web applications. So it's easy to design.
- Less time and cost: Hybrid applications are built on cross platform so they take less time than local application development. Since its price is lower than native applications, hybrid apps are also budget- friendly.
- Maintenance: Hybrid applications are easy to maintain. Etc.
- The major feature of hybrid app development, users can access it even in offline mode.
- Hybrid apps give effective offline support.
- It also has the feature of 'code once and run anywhere'. It means, there is a no need for the developing the separate code for each time for different platforms.