B. Problem:The size of a hole varies from 100 microns to few milli meters, which makes it difficult to detect through naked eye.
C. Procedure:Implement an automated vision based inspection system
1.Nozzles are used for fuel injection in engines.
2.Based on applications, each engine requires specific number of holes for injecting fuel.
3.Detecting minute size of holes through human vision is error prone and time consuming.
4.Hole size and number of holes varies with nozzle types
Implemented a vision based inspection system that:
-Counts the number of holes in a nozzle irrespective of the hole size and nozzle type.
– notifies the user with the hole count.
-Takes 1.2 sec to 4-sec for inspection of a single nozzle.
– Notification of hole count to user by digital dashboard.
– Almost 100% accuracy
– Increase in overall productivity
– Additional software to verify the hole count visually.
– Quality assurance, 24*7 technical support