Bosch a world known organization was seeking a solution for quality check for one of their component. This time it was a nozal where Single miss out on hole count raises an alarm on reputation of the company and this task been very complex, it was impossible to manually inspect 100% nozzles manufactured. Hence, Acme was invited to propose a solution.
- Purpose: To detect the number of holes for different types of nozzles
- Problem: The size of a hole varies from 100 microns to few milli meters, which makes it difficult to detect through naked eye.
- Procedure: Implement an automated vision based inspection system
- Nozzles are used for fuel injection in engines.
- Based on applications, each engine requires specific number of holes for injecting fuel.
- Detecting minute size of holes through human vision is error prone and time consuming.
- Hole size and number of holes varies with nozzle types
- Implemented a vision based inspection system that:
- Counts the number of holes in a nozzle irrespective of the hole size and nozzle type.
- notifies the user with the hole count.
- Takes 1.2 sec to 4-sec for inspection of a single nozzle.
- Vision based inspection system to detect the number of holes for different types of nozzles.
- Notification of hole count to user by digital dashboard.
- Almost 100% accuracy
- Increase in overall productivity
- Additional software to verify the hole count visually.
- Quality assurance, 24*7 technical support