Can Beautiful UI offer Best UX?
NO! UX is all about BusinessFocus & NOT fancy UI!
UX has been a BUZZ word now! But there seems to be a misconception that a fancy UI can offer a best user experience! However, that’s not true!
Fancy/BeautifulUI is more for user engagement,once user has been hooked up with your platform/app, a good UI keeps him /her engaged with the “purpose” he’s there for.
The best example of Business Focused UI offering the BEST UX ever; is now known by every kid across the world! Yes, I’m referring to “Google”!
Usually, it’s been said that “First entrants get the benefit!” However, that’s not true!
“Yahoo!” was having
- its own search engine even before Google.
- Yahoo seemed to be aware of every business aspect of having a search engine
- They also had marketplace associated with it, refer the “service offerings”in image below
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, being dominating player, they had TRAFFIC from all over the world!!
It’s now more than two and half DECADES they are ON internet, but who’s ruling the world? WHY?
Mobile App Development and Emerging Trends
- Yahoo offered TOOOOOOO MUCH information on the landing page
- As internet was new and Yahoo already being established, they were dominating the marketand HAVING TRAFFIC from ALL over the world!
- BUT, what MISTAKE they did was –they DIVERTED user’s focus, when he landed on their website.
- User use to land on the website to search something, instead, he use to get diverted with News, Marketplace, advertisements etc.
What DIFFERENT MAGIC did Google do in 2005 when they were new?
- No Distractions
- Helped landing user “Narrow his FOCUS”onto
- Are you looking for web
- Looking for Images?
- News? Etc.
- They also gave CLEAR DIRECTION to “advertisers” to contact them and get aboard!
- SIMPLE, CLEAN and FOCUSED, thus offering THE BEST User Experience!
So, it’s not about beautification or color themes or fancy stuff, its about focusing on Business Objective, for BOTH –the user and the platform owner! It should be a WIN-WIN for both!!
After so many years, still a lesson is NOT yet learnt, by them!